Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cake Decorating 101

Funny how everthing slows down for the Christmas break and I decide to learn something new!!
I took a Wilton Cake decorating


My firstcake

I had a lot of fun decorating this cake.
I learned how to use the piping gel to make my "santa star" and I mastered making the stars.
Turned out pretty good if you ask me.
I also fell in love with buttercream icing.
Well, without the shortening.


My Second cake
This one scared the crap out of me!!
If you look closely you can see the sweet peas that I have on the side of my cake and I have roses on the top.
I also learned how to do shells around the bottom of the cake as well.
Only took me an hour and a half to do this one.
Lots of practice time though before I attempted to even touch the cake.

No comments: