Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to menu planning...

Photobucket
As many of my friends know we are trying a new approach to money.
We are on a budget so we only have a limited amount of funds to use to pay for food each week.
Part of the challenge in making sure that you "get to the end of the week before you get to the end of the money" is to meal plan.
I know, I know.
Sounds scary and complicated but trust me on this one.
It's easier than even I thought.
I don't plan for the whole month.
I only plan for the week.
You surely can think of at least 5 things you want for dinner right?

Here is what we are having this week:
Menu:
*Lemon Thyme chicken with potatoes & rice
* Manicotti alla bolognes
*Chicken-Berry Salad
*Lemon dill fish with asparagus and rice
*Asian pork and noodle skillet
*Tacos

K, easy part done.
Now I have to go thru and make the list of items that I need to make the meals I have planned.
The list is important.
Not only will you NOT remember what you wrote on it when you are surrounded by all those delicious smells but you will overspend.
Which is not the idea!!
Got it?
Good...now get to it!

No comments: