Tuesday, December 9, 2008

comfort food tonight!!

Are you one of those moms that's up far too early and the first thought in your head is "what are we going to have for dinner tonight?"
I am.
And, looking out the window and seeing snow snow and more snow I am feeling like tonight is comfort food night!!

I fondly remember snowy days as a child.
Looking out the big bay window in the family room with my nose pushed up against the glass so I could see the snowflakes closer as they fell...letting my breath fog up the window and then taking my finger tip I would draw shapes and designs over and over again.
Now looking back I understand how the fingerprints must have drove my Mom mad but I remember feeling so peaceful there.
I could sit there for hours just watching the snow falling to the ground.
Well, until mom called us for dinner that is!
I love comfort food...feels like a hug from mom!!
I love pulling something taste and warm out of the oven for my family too.

Tuesdays have now turned to be just as busy as our Wednesday's used to be so tonight we are having Chicken n green beans (and yes, my kids WILL eat green beans without trying to hide them up their noses):


4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./450 g)
2 cups frozen green beans
1/2 cup water
1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) condensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/2 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese

HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF). Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

ADD beans, water, soup and thyme to skillet; cover. Cook 6 min. stirring occasionally.

RETURN chicken to skillet. Cook 1 min. or until chicken is coated and heated through. Top with cheese.

No comments: