Thursday, January 22, 2009

Royal Icing 1 Heather 1

Muahh!!
Take that evil royal icing that should have been called Glue!
I found a better..easier way to make you.
One that doesn't leave my hand mixer gasping for breath.
One that won't disappoint!
I found this:

Royal Icing Using Egg Whites:

2 large egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups (330 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted

For Royal Icing with Egg Whites: In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the egg whites with the lemon juice. Add the sifted powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined and smooth. The icing needs to be used immediately or transferred to an airtight container as royal icing hardens when exposed to air. Cover with plastic wrap when not in use.

I made a trial batch before class just to make sure that my flowers would dry properly and it worked like a dream!!

For this class I learned how to make a few more blooms out of royal cing that will be on my final cake.
We made the Victorian Rose

** very similar to the rose that I learned in course 1 but the petals were a little more curved.

The next flower was the daisy:


(this one was really fun to make!!)

Next came the daffodil:


Next came the pansy:

This one was my favorite flower to make.
It looks hard but it was super easy.
The last flower of the night was the primrose:

The first time I tried to make this one it look just like the apple blossom that I had such a hard time with last class!
Woo hoo!!

No comments: